Hello there! So I thought I should share with you on whether I was successful in keeping up with my healthy habits. Here is what I mentioned I would do –
- Drink a at least a quart of water everyday instead of coffee/soda
- Snack on baby carrots instead of chips
- Have a cereal for breakfast instead of omlettes, sausages and potatoes
- Take the steps at work instead of the escalator
- Have 2 cups of green tea
And, I was also to go to the gym 4 out of 5 days of the week!!
Of the above, I was able to drink the water, eay my cereal, and take the steps. I snacked on carrots for 2 out of 5 days (though the good news is – I didn’t snack on unhealthy stuff when I didn’t have carrots). The one thing I wasn’t able to do was the green tea – I find I don’t like the taste.
I did go to gym for 2 out of the 5 days – boy! it is hard to develop and keep new habits, specially when the habits are healthy!
How did your week pass? Were you able to stick with your healthy habits of choice?
PS. A worrysome thought struck me this week – if I am not good at eating the right things, and keeping myself healthy and nourished, will I make a bad mother with fat unhealthy kids? (My friend had a baby, and I realized that one day I would too – how would I keep another human being healthy, if I couldn’t manage myself?) Godd!! I miss my mom!
- Body Image: from Careless to Confident. (sassanista.wordpress.com)
- Do we choose to be unhealthy? (indianpixie.wordpress.com)
- Healthy Habits for your Kids! (drtereza.com)
- Healthy habits for moms to pick up (video) (joemartinfitness.wordpress.com)